Gutters are an essential part of your home’s roofing system. Diverting water away from the foundation of your home, gutters perform a simple, yet imperative job. Unfortunately, it’s not always just water that ends up the gutters. Leafs, sticks and other debris can accumulate over time causing clogs and damaging the entire gutter system resulting in costly repairs. If your gutters are frequently getting clogged, you may benefit from gutter protection, a small investment that can save you big in the future.
Gutter screens are a metal mesh that snap into or are fastened underneath your roofs shingles and over the actual gutter. Although they significantly hinder the amount of debris that collects in the actual gutter, keep in mind that they will still require regular maintenance.
That being said, there are several advantages to installing gutter covers:
- They eliminate frequent gutter cleanings. Although you should still check your gutters at least twice a year for any damage or inadvertent clogging.
- They are relatively easy and inexpensive to install, making them a good return on investment as well as a potential selling point for your home.
- They prevent your gutters from serving as an open space for birds or other rodents to build their nests.
- If you collect rainwater, gutter guards help improve water flow and further filter out additional debris.
- Gutter guards prevent clogs that could result into water overflowing into your house and puddling around your home’s foundation.
Keep in mind that not all gutter prevention is created equal. Depending on the pitch of your home’s roof, gutter guards can become less effective as fast-moving water can overshoot the screen.We recommend leaf relief or Shur Flo gutter protection system. Additionally, just because you have protection on your home’s gutters, does not mean they will be maintenance free. Let Stratton Exteriors assist you with any questions you may have. We’d be happy to help you with the selection of the best gutter protection system for your home.
Source: Household Tips