by Shane Stratton
Nothing says summer like the sound of a slamming screen door. This Brentwood homeowner wanted to evoke the Southern charm that that sound so easily conjures; most importantly, she wanted a private sanctuary where she could relax away from the bugs and the beating sun. So she had us tear down her existing deck and build a screened porch and combination deck. (The porch we built measured 12 X 14 while the smaller landing measured 16 X 6.)
Here’s what the place looked like after we demoed her existing deck:
Where’s what we did:
– Pulled a permit, and removed the existing deck and the resulting debris.
– Constructed a new deck and screened-in porch using pressure-treated wood.
– Poured concrete for pier blocks.
– Framed and installed lattice for skirting of deck.
– Constructed a custom shed-style patio cover with shingles to match the roof on the home.
– Installed gutters and downspouts.
– Installed a ceiling fan.
– Stained all wood.
– Painted fascia to match home.
Pretty sure this screen door will be perfectly slamming for years to come.