This Old Hickory, TN, couple didn’t exactly have a bad-looking house to begin with. Though I’m just showing you the front of the house, the back was impressive, too, with a giant deck and loads of windows. That said, we definitely spruced this place up and got to pull out some of our very favorite exterior tricks–among them, installing cedar shake siding and custom stone work.
Here’s a run-down of what we did:
– Installed Prodigy Siding (in “Canyon Drift”), cedar shakes, and ledge stone on home.
– Removed existing fascia, soffit, and window metals around the house. Also removed gutters and downspouts.
– Installed new vinyl soffit and fascia metal, as well as 6″ seamless gutters, downspouts, and gutter protection.
– Wrapped all windows and doors.
– Prepped front gable area to install stone, and installed StoneCraft Industries’ Ledgestone in “Bucktown” in front with appropriate trim for corners and door.
– Painted side area where gas meter and wires were located.
– Added cedar headers to the front stone area windows and built a gable vent out of Miratec trim and paint.
– Sealed the cedar shakes, and wrapped a beam in cedar.
We later went on to do a heavy-duty renovation of this home’s driveway, which we’ll feature later, but for now here are a few of our in-progress shots from this project and two more “after” shots.